Forming Healthy Habits, Day 1

I know I have been blogging about dieting/weight loss for a while now, but I have not been doing very well at sticking to it. Today I decided to go ahead and prepare my meals in advance so when I became hungry, I would already have something to eat. Below is what I made for my breakfast, lunch and snack.

 
 I had a chocolate-banana and peanut butter green smoothie for breakfast and lunch. My snack was three celery stalks, hummus, and an apple.


 
 
My husband made fried cod for dinner with hushpuppies, sautéed vegetables and white rice. He wound up baking one of the fish for me, per my request. I placed it on top of a bed of romaine lettuce with shredded cheese, olives and jalapeños. The juice from the cod was so good that I just used that as salad dressing.
 
As I was driving home today, I kept thinking about eating some chocolate I have stashed in one of my drawers at home. Then I told myself I would wait 10 days and then eat it as a reward. However, I remembered that it takes 21 days to form a habit. I figure instead of giving in to my sugar cravings right now, I can use it as a goal, and treat for myself when I complete 21 days of healthy eating. I know it may sound counterproductive, but if I think I will not get sweets, especially chocolate, ever again, then I am likely to stuff myself with it right now.
 
So for the next 21 days, my goal is to drink two green smoothies a day, and eat a healthy meal, preferably for dinner. I will be staying away from all forms of pasta, bread, and other grains. I thought about taking meat out of my diet, but I think if I eliminate grains and follow a paleo way of eating, it should not be necessary to remove meat.
 
I could use a lot of encouragement as I try once again to stick with this plan and complete 21 days. I am tired of messing up and giving up and I am ready for a change.

Comments

Popular Posts