Developing Healthy Habits Through Excercise

For most of my weight loss journey, I have been focusing on changing what I eat. I lost 30lbs. following the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse, alternating between the full cleanse every 4-6 weeks and the modified cleanse. In order to complete the full cleanse, you have to drink three green smoothies a day and eat two healthy snacks such as boiled eggs, crunchy vegetables, peanut butter, and some fruit like an apple. During the modified cleanse, you can drink 1-2 smoothies a day and eat a healthy meal or two. My exercise during this cleanse was mostly walking and some light weightlifting.

However, I find it more difficult now to stick to the eating program, especially the full cleanse portion. I find myself wanting to eat real food, even if it is healthy. I like chewing and swallowing my food I guess. Even though I stepped up my exercise routine by riding my bike and running, my weight stayed consistent, rather than dropping.

Then I saw a post on Facebook recently from someone who has lost a considerable amount of weight. Their main form of exercise, along with a proper diet, is weightlifting/training. I have read that muscle burns more calories than fat, but I figured that even in my cardio I would gain some muscle and that would help me to burn fat. However, that has not been working. So I am going to change up my routine a bit and focus more on lifting weights with my whole body and a little less cardio.

I started lifting more weights earlier this week, and even with eating a doughnut or some sweet thing almost everyday this week, I saw progress.

Today I spent thirty minutes in the gym working on my arms, abs and legs. Then I ran/walked for another thirty minutes.

I am hoping to weight train three times a week and do cardio at least two times a week.

Below are my new before pictures.



If you liked this article or found it useful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

Comments

Popular Posts