Beyond frustrated with this style

I have become a huge fan of Pinterest. I like to go on and browse different hairstyles to try out for the week. I came across this one particular style and instantly fell in love. It is supposed to be a way to fake a cut, so to say.

It looks simple enough. Part your hair near the top and take it all the way around. Braid the bottom in almost a halo like braid and then twist the top. Do a twist out to give the look its final definition.

I have tried this style twice; I have not yet taken the twists out for the twist out because I am trying to keep my hair in protective styles for my hair care challenge. However, I figured if the twists were small enough, it would still look good without taking them out.

However, I did not even take a picture of my first attempt, it looked nothing like the picture. I tried it again today and was really happy with the results, until I asked my husband to take photos. Then I was able to see the rest of my head; I was not impressed.







The immediate problem I can see is that I made the part too low. The twisted hair section should be much smaller. Also, I need to make my braid smaller and tighter. I think my hair is also longer than the woman's in the picture. However, I am not deterred. I will try this look again next week and see if I can learn from my mistakes. I would try it again now, but my main goal right now is to grow out my hair by caring for it and keeping it in protective styles.

If you see anything I have missed and have some pointers on how I can get this style to look fabulous on me, please leave your comments and suggestions below.

Comments

Popular Posts