Braiding and Natural Hair Styles


If you have been keeping up with my blog, then you know that after many years, I have finally learned how to braid. I am so excited about being able to braid that I want to braid everything. I have tried out a few styles on my kids and myself as you can see below.




 

 
I have also tried a few different protective styles for myself; trying to find something I like and do not mind maintaining.

 

 
However, as great as all of that was, yesterday was the most accomplished I have felt in a long while. My aunt agreed to be my “client” aka guinea pig, and let me try a style in her hair. Her hair is the shortest hair I have ever braided. I do not just mean for corn rows, I mean ever. Figuring out what to do exactly was a challenge at first. Then I realized that because she had short hair, my braids would also need to be smaller. Once I figured that out, I was able to finish braiding her hair with varying degrees of success, lol. I finished off the back with some comb coils, a technique I thought would take months for me to get, but once I watched this tutorial, I was able to do it.




 

 I feel kind of silly admitting this publicly because if it does not come to pass, I will look really silly for having said it. But, I have become so obsessed and excited about natural hair, and doing and styling natural hair, that I am considering becoming a licensed cosmetologist so that I can perfect my techniques and share the joy I have in natural hair with others.

 Let me know what you guys think about my creations in the comments below. Note: Most of these hairstyles were my attempt at recreating a photo I have seen. Admittedly, none of them, and I repeat, none of them, came out like the original photo, but that is why I need to continue to practice.

Comments

Popular Posts