Fear of Public Speaking?

Most of us, at some point in our lives, have had the opportunity to stand before a group of our peers and deliver some form of public address. Whether it was a class presentation, a work project, or some form of extracurricular address, we have had to stand before an audience and give a speech. If you are like me, then the thought of standing before a group of your peers, or otherwise, put fear and anxiety in the pit of your stomach. I used to abhor the idea of getting up in front of my class to say my name and introduce myself. Then when I had to do more, such as read a paper I had written, or deliver a speech for my debate team, the fear became almost unbearable.

In spite of my fear of public speaking, I joined the Debate Team in High School. I remember distinctly the fear I felt getting up when it was my turn to speak. I trembled, literally trembled standing in front of everyone. My palms began to sweat, my knees began to shake, and my voice faltered as I spoke. I tried to hide the fact that my hands were shaking as I delivered my speech. I thought if I practiced, if I delivered more speeches, then my fear would eventually fade away. It didn’t.

It’s no wonder most people list public speaking as one of their top fears. It may not be the thing they are most afraid of, but public speaking is one of the most common fears that human beings share. Several studies have been conducted with results showing that at least 40% of the population fear public speaking more than death. (You can read more about that study here).

However, the anxiety behind public speaking, and other anxieties, can be overcome. I recently started taking a supplement, Plexus Slim, an all-natural blood sugar regulator, to help keep my blood sugar within normal ranges. However, this supplement goes far beyond just regulating blood sugar. I have found that during my use, it has helped to reduce my feelings of anxiety. I became a Plexus Ambassador, not only because I believe in the products, but to help make extra income to support my family. Part of being an Ambassador for Plexus means I will occasionally have to stand before a group of people and share information about our supplements.

In the past, my fear of public speaking would take over and I would become extremely nervous and shake at the idea of speaking before an audience. However, I have noticed recently that the fear I once had, has been severely diminished. I am getting to the point where I actually feel comfortable giving my presentation. I know that taking the Slim consistently has helped me overcome my anxiety.


So if you are like me, and you struggle with nervousness at the thought of standing up before a group of people, please, place a comment below. I would love to talk with you about how this supplement can help you overcome your fears. 

Comments

Popular Posts