What do you do when love is not the answer?


 
A friend of mine recently told me about a problem she was experiencing at home. (Don’t worry, I asked her permission before posting this.) She told me that she and her husband, who had been married for a number of years, were separating. The reason: he does not like her daughter. Before they were married, she had a daughter from a previous relationship and her daughter and husband never got along. She said, “He told me, ‘Either I go, or she goes.’” Admittedly, her daughter can be a handful to deal with, even my friend knows this. But the question remains, “What do you do in this type of situation?” Being that I also married my husband after having a child in a previous marriage, I understand her situation. So I pose this question to all my wise readers. What do you do in this situation when it seems like love is not the answer?

Comments

Popular Posts