Weightloss or not?

A couple of weeks ago I became fed up with my healthy eating plan to lose weight since my weight was not budging. A friend of mine posted about the military diet. Which according to my husband has nothing to do with how people actually eat in the military, but it purports to help you lose up to 10 pounds in three days.

I tried it out and I think I lost three pounds, although it was really hard for me to stick with it the last day and I wound up cheating a little. The way the diet works is that it gives you a combination of food to eat that is supposed to be specially formatted to help burn fat/calories. However, with each progressive day you are eating less and less. By the third day I thought I was going to starve, lol.

I could probably keep up with that diet if I just do the first day of the eating plan over and over, which I am considering. The thing about this diet is that it reintroduced foods into my diet that I had stopped eating. Bread and cheese are both staples of this diet. Since I am addicted to both, and because bread usually makes me gain five pounds after I sniff it, I try to avoid it. But because I was on this diet, my senses were re-awakened to the taste of bread and cheese and I began to eat both of them in large amounts and craving sweets such as honey buns and cake.

I figured, if eating healthy was not helping me to lose weight, then I may as well eat what I want when I want and not care if I was losing weight, or gaining it.

That lasted for almost two weeks. Thankfully, I did not gain any more than the same five pounds I have been gaining and losing since the year began (yes, I have been dealing with this yo-yoing weight gain and loss for almost a year now).

I don't really have a majestical insight to add to this, except that after eating junk for two weeks, my body is craving healthy food. I am now detoxing again by drinking detox tea and detox smoothies. I also am trying to avoid meat since I know most meats carry a lot of toxins. I am still trying to find something to do that will help me to lose weight for good.

If you liked this article or found it useful, don't forget to share it with your friends!

Comments

Popular Posts